Kristi Nelson, Executive Director of A Network for Grateful Living, is also the author of Wake Up Grateful: The Transformative Practice of Taking Nothing for Granted. Her life’s work in the non-profit sector has focused on leading, inspiring, and strengthening organizations committed to progressive social and spiritual change. Being a long-time stage IV cancer survivor moves her every day to support others in living and loving with great fullness of heart.
In 2001 – after five years leading a regional Women’s Fund – Kristi founded a values-based fundraising consulting/coaching company, and in this capacity worked with organizations such as Buddhist Peace Fellowship, Spirit in Action, Institute for Jewish Spirituality, Wisdom 2.0, and The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, among others. Since then, she has been founding Director of Soul of Money Institute with Lynne Twist, Director of Development at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, and Director of Development and Community Relations for the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
Kristi received her BA from UMass/Amherst, a graduate certificate in Business and Sociology from Boston College, and her Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) with a concentration in Leadership Studies from Harvard University.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Understanding and practicing the five principles of grateful living
- The traumatic events that led Kristi to take stock of her life and write her book as a way to share her experience and acknowledge the need to look for the opportunities hidden in adversity
- The importance of cultivating a grateful perspective and being genuinely present in your life
- How Kristi connects with her mortality through the life force of breath
- Why living gratefully gives us the ability to be deeply connected to joy and contentment
- The practice Kristi does every day that helps her reframe obligations as opportunities
- Website: https://gratefulness.org/
- Book: Wake Up Grateful: The Transformative Practice of Taking Nothing for Granted
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristi-nelson-9b9ba3168/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gratefulness.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GratefulnessOrg